Enjoy the Little Things...

I am unequivocally one of the luckiest people I know.  I am so freaking blessed, I don't even know where to begin.  I have an incredible husband who loves me and makes me feel valuable and special and loves all my weirdness.  I test him and push him, and despite everything-he is always by my side.  I have two kids who love me and accept me.  They have become amazing friends and who love each other. I am not even exaggerating that random people have approached me to tell me amazing stories about my kids.  My sister is the BOMB! If I go more than two days without talking to her, something is seriously wrong. My friends are super ridiculous.  They are smart and funny and we have discovered Snapchat together. They make me think critically, and when I can't do that anymore, they make me laugh at really ridiculous double entendres that only English teacher people can understand (we have the ability to make everything dirty-I mean everything.  Staff meetings and CPR training are potential gold mines for us).  When I have a super bad day, they convince me I'm not ruining the future or going to go to the bad place (another high school).  I have read amazing books and traveled to amazing places.  I wake up nearly every single day and can't believe I get to the work I get to do. I teach remarkable human beings who teach me so much more than I could have ever thought possible.  This being said, I thought I would write a post about 20 silly things I am thankful for.  Yep, still thankful for all the biggies, but here are 20 little things I am so thankful for today and always.

1.   My dog: I love her.  When I talk to her, she makes dog noises like she is conversing with me-even when no one else will.  She does sometimes poop in places I wish she didn't, but it's a small price to pay for a creature who is so delighted to see me at the end of the day she throws herself off of very high places and flings herself into doors simply to welcome me home.
2.   Netflix: I am not good at watching programs when they are on TV. I am years behind.  But I freaking love Netflix.  I have had love affairs with House of Cards, Breaking Bad and Gilmore Girls.  I am so much cooler because of Netflix.
3.   Yellow Downy Fabric Softener
4.   Baked Cheetos: They have powdered cheese, they are not too greasy, and I can convince myself I am making a healthy choice.
5.   Hot Hands Hand Warmers: When my husband and I were dating, he had a jeep.  The jeep was held together with safety pins.  It is much more awesome to talk about it now than it was to live it.  Our first Christmas together, in my stocking was hot hands hand warmers.  I used them when he took me to his mom's for our first Christmas.  I am so thankful for these amazing scientific wonders.  I still love them to this day.
6.   "Heathers-the Musical" Station on Pandora: There is no end to the amazing singing that has happened in my car due to obscure musicals that I have come to love due to hours of listening to this amazing station.
7.   Strawberry Flavored Cupcakes
8.   Wine in a Box
9.   My Husband's Love/Hate Relationship with Social Media: I love this man.  He is bold.  He is brash.  He is unafraid to tweet KFC to stand up for the respect he believes is due to the original Colonel Sanders.  I am in constant wonder of the magic of my husband on twitter.
10. Mark Twain
11. My ridiculously fancy watch: For our wedding anniversary, my husband got me a super fancy watch.  I wear it to run on a treadmill because it is super fancy and I love it.
12. Dresses: I love dresses.  I love weird patterns and the fact that they are only once piece.  I love feeling put together and I love expressing myself through my odd fashion choices.
13. Chick-Fil-A Breakfast
14. Converse
15. Sunglasses: My husband never trusted me with more than $7 sunglasses. For my 40th birthday, he trusted me with fancy sunglasses.  I still have them, I still rock them, and I still love them.
16. Edna (my car):  She is very forgiving and she is unafraid to go over instead of around when called for.
17. The ability to pause television
18. My Nook: I need to be able to access a preview to any book at any time.  This makes me feel so freaking powerful.  I can't even tell you how many samples I have on this thing!
19. Monday morning coffee in my favorite mug: I love coffee, but I have this one brown mug-it is my favorite.  Every Monday I make sure it is clean so I can make sure to have an awesome day that begins with my favorite mug.
20. Cheese dip

These are 20 little things I am grateful for.  I am also grateful for so many people who read my blog.  If you read this, I would love to know, what is one little thing you are thankful for this year?  I wish you the best Thanksgiving and holiday season!  Thank you for being a part of my life.


Comments

  1. Some of my list-toppers? -the first cup of coffee out of the pot in the morning, -a kitty cat choosing to take a nap in the crook of my knee when I go to bed at night, - my mom stopping to see me in my classroom just to give me a hug. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We need to talk…

Practice What I Preach

Present: Being Here