#OneWord2014

New Year's is quite possibly my favorite holiday.  I love permission to get all nostalgic about the past year and daring to dream about amazing things in the future.  I am a continual resolution maker (oft breaker) and a person for whom the glass is not half full or half empty, my cup runneth over!  So, when I saw a story on the the Today Show explaining the One Word 2014 challenge, I was ALL IN!  I loved everything about this idea, and immediately opened my brand spanking new twitter account (follow me and help learn to love it please) and started following, finding myself continuously enchanted by people's wishes for the new year.

However, the pressure of ONE WORD was daunting.  One of my celebrity crushes, Walt Whitman, was describing me when he said, "Do I contradict myself?  Very well then, I am large, I contain multitudes."  Yep, I am a lover of the idea of one word with the contradicting position that one word will not suffice for the greatness I have in mind for 2014.  I mean, I have all these resolutions/goals (which I will share on this blog later), but summarizing in one word...hmmmm.  I made a list: faith, gratitude, family, intention, purpose, learn, experience...all important words clearly related to my goals. 

So I stopped.  Katy, what do you really want from this year?  In this year, your dad is going to overcome cancer, your son is going to graduate high school and start college, your daughter will begin the process of learning how to drive, your husband is going to have a new adventure with his job, and you are going to start writing--WHAT DO YOU WANT?

CHERISH (verb): 1. to hold or treat as dear, feel love for; 2. to care for tenderly, to nurture; 3. to cling fondly or inveterately to

I want to cherish every minute.  I want to write about the things, big or small that I cherish.  So, if no one reads this, I will cherish the process of writing it, and if someone does read it, I would cherish your feedback and sharing your ideas of what you cherish with me.

Welcome to my new adventure.  Happy New Year Friends!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We need to talk…

Practice What I Preach

“Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.” MLK